Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Not in the UK - Don't Need $2,500

My personal email account has been compromised and apparently, according to an email from "me" earlier, I am in down and out in the UK and begging for money via Yahoo!. Here is a picture taken of me earlier today on the streets of NYC with a whopping $20 in my pocket, which will last me a week.

My apologies to anyone reading this who received annoying emails from my old account. I am emailing from a new address now. Thank you to everyone who called in to check up on me.

Here is the content of the hacker email...the funny thing is, other than the bad grammar which was the biggest tip-off, the circumstances are up my alley:

Am in a hurry writing you this note, Just wanted to seek your help on something very important, you are the only person i could reach at this point, and i hope you come to my aid. Because something very terrible is happening to me now, i need a favor from you now,I had a trip here in United Kingdom on a business.Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen on my way to the hotel where i lodged along with my bag were my passport was ,And since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here.So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me about $2500 so i can make arrangements and return back please,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.I will be waiting to hear from you.
Regards
Andrew Martin


I responded from another account and the scammer gave this forwarding address for where the money should be sent:

18 Manor Road
Chigwell City
Essex County
England
United Kingdom

Here it is on Google Earth. I have designated it as the first Museum of Peripheral Art IMPOSTER site: